Instructions for downloading, printing, signing, and mailing in
Please download, print, and sign the SAFEBOR petition, and mail it to the address below. You must be a currently registered Alachua County voter in order to sign this petition, and you must complete all of the blanks above the SAFEBOR address on the back of the form: printed name as shown on your voter registration card, your address, date of birth, date signed, and signature. Please see additional instructions below SAFEBOR’s address for getting your printer to print a double-sided petition.
Please share this page, and encourage friends and family who are registered Alachua County voters to download, sign, and mail this petition. If you would like to join us to gather petitions (because we need a lot of them) please contact us above at the menu pull down Take Action/Volunteer for SAFEBOR. Thank you!
Instructions for Canvassers
The private Facebook SAFEBOR Petitioners group has been set up to exchange information about canvassing locations, scheduling, tips on engagement, and a place to get your questions answered. Please join that group and join in the conversation. You can find more information on our private Facebook group below. https://www.facebook.com/groups/921286211562961/
We also have a downloadable FAQ for canvassers.
The location for pick-up and drop-off of petitions is the Alachua County Labor Coalition, at Ste. 2B, 502 NW 16th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601. Additional clipboards are available during business hours, Monday – Friday 9 am to 6 pm.
Instructions for printing a single petition form:
In order to print the petition, use the Adobe Acrobat Reader set to “Portrait,” “Shrink Oversized Pages,” and use a single 8.5″ x 11″ piece of paper, printed on both sides. Please do not use 8.5″ x 14″ paper, or print the petition on two pieces of paper, which will invalidate the petition.
1) Click the “print” icon from the Adobe Reader rather than your browser. A window similar to the one pictured below should appear.
2) Ensure that the page is printing “Shrink Oversized Pages” (“Fit” also seems to work for me on my particular printer).
3) Click the “Print on both sides of paper” option.
4) Under “Orientation” – select “Portrait.” (“Auto portrait/landscape” also seems to work for me on my printer).
5) Once you have printed the form, check to make sure that you have a two-sided petition printed on 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
6) If your printer won’t print 2-sided documents automatically, you can print the page 1, and then flip over that page and print page 2 on the other side. Please make sure both sides of the document align in one direction (ie. right side up). Also, if the form is not printed correctly, the “Continued on Back of Form” line may not show up at the bottom of the front page. The entire form needs to be visible; these pesky details are necessary so that the Alachua County Supervisor of Elections does not invalidate your petition, thank you!
7) If all else fails, show up at one of our events and sign a petition there!